Our client is a new and growing Montreal based Private Equity Firm. The fund is mainly focused on small and medium-sized companies in the technological sectors (industrial and high technology). The firm categorizes itself as more of a hybrid between traditional Private Equity and a Venture Capital firm and really distinguishes itself by its “hands-on” approach, namely through the offering of their advisory services team. With nearly 30 employees, the partners are looking to hire the skills and knowledge of a Chief Financial Officer to help achieve the firm’s ambitions.
Reporting to the CEO (and one of the founding partners), this position is key in accomplishing the short- and long-term goals. The incumbent will have to:
– Review the business model to better understand needs, risks and opportunities and prepare consequent recommendations
– Develop quantitative and qualitative analysis (in particular, for the budget process, maximization of returns, etc.) in order to make improvements
– Set up a performance measurement system to better explain and forecast profitability, losses and discrepancies
– Develop and monitor KPIs, FP&A and management reports for the partners
– Lead the capital raising strategy and maintain relations with investors and financial institutions
– Structure and supervise a team while putting effective internal controls in play
– Solid involvement in strategic planning
The profile we are searching for has the CPA or CFA title, is bilingual (FR-EN) and has a minimum of 12 years of experience including at least 3 years in a head of finance role. We are looking for a committed business partner with leadership, people skills and a micro-macro vision. The ideal profile is an intrapreneur, team player, able to understand business issues and elucidate financial information. This opportunity will allow you to be both strategic and “hands-on”, to live in different business models (through the companies under management) and to participate in various special projects and strategies that will maximize investment performance.
According to experience
To be discussed
Nature of the company
Private equity firm