Our client is a large public institution in Quebec that is known throughout the world as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Possessing one of the most important real estate parks in Montreal, it takes into account the evolving needs of its community and works to build big projects while taking care of a unique living environment!
Here are the challenges that await you in this position:
• Participate in real estate transactions related to the institution’s real estate development, mainly the sale and acquisition of real estate assets and the rental of space
• Develop a real estate strategy in the short, medium and long term according to the institutional objectives and certain specific needs
• Plan real estate transactions, such as space rentals, sales and acquisitions of real estate assets
• Conduct cost-benefit analysis of planned transactions and prepare financial packages incorporating the required sources of financing. Ensure that the conditions and obligations of the parties are respected by monitoring
• Prepare the critical path of the steps leading up to the closing of the transactions, including environmental issues, due diligence with the role of leases and service contracts, if applicable the use permitted by the zoning, as well as the authorizations required by the various stakeholders
• Identify potential sites, negotiate the terms of the agreements and use, if necessary, the services of mandated brokers following public calls for tenders
• Management of leases, follow up on renewals and deadlines of lease agreements
• Influence management decision-making based on real estate trends, based on industry best practices. • Assist in matters related to legal documentation, trading strategies and property valuation.
To succeed in this role, you must:
• Do real estate law or be a certified appraiser or planner
• Rely on ten years of real estate experience (private or institutional)
• Be a skilled negotiator, be considered a collaborator focused on identifying solutions and understanding needs / issues
• Have excellent knowledge of lease management and the disposition of real estate assets
• Be familiar with the various regulations related to real estate projects (CCU, PIIA, zoning, etc.)
• Being familiar with the regulations relating to the environment and the agricultural territory is an undeniable asset!
Based on experience
Nature of the company