Our client, a major real estate asset manager with a strong presence in the commercial scene in Montreal and Toronto, is looking to expand its management team. With a diverse portfolio, including “Class A” and “Class B” office towers, the organization is embarking on an exciting phase of redeveloping some of its properties in Montreal. Its long-term market reputation for integrity and professionalism, as well as the high credibility of its management team, make this organization a reliable and serious employer with an excellent retention rate of its talents.
The Property Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and will be assigned 2 office buildings in downtown Montreal.
In doing so, the incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the buildings and assigned teams such as the management of customer service contracts, the supervision of the maintenance, security and compliance of the buildings. More precisely, he or she will have to:
• Negotiate and manage operational service contracts (security, maintenance, etc.)
• Ensure sound financial management by regularly reviewing the operating expenses of properties while ensuring their competitiveness
• Promote customer retention by ensuring their satisfaction
• Ensure building compliance with applicable laws and standards
• Contribute to the strategic planning of the organization
• Periodically evaluate buildings to illustrate the needs of each property and build an asset maintenance investment program.
• Write the requests for tenders and recommend the professionals needed to carry out the construction / renovation work
• Coordinate and supervise construction projects taking into account client needs, budgets and timelines
The ideal candidate is bilingual both orally and in writing and holds a university degree in architecture, engineering, administration or other related field. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in people management and is known for his or her strong customer service. Dynamic, energetic and motivated, the retained candidate is a skilled communicator, proficient in multi-disciplinary management, priority management, enjoys teamwork and is ready to learn and has the potential to progress within his or her responsibilities and within the company.
According to experience
Nature of the company
Real Estate Asset Management
Commercial Real Estate (Office)