Our client is a state-owned company which manages the redevelopment or management of properties deemed to be surplus by aiming for their harmonious reintegration within local communities. One goal: redefine the urban landscape to create new neighborhoods that meet the expectations of the population.
The Property Development Manager is responsible for managing projects related to properties in the Montreal, Quebec office to optimize the value of real estate and acquisitions; he manages, monitors and produces reports on all aspects and activities related to planning, engineering, construction and service for project sites in Quebec, with an emphasis on the schedule and deadline for works and implementation of municipal service programs. It preserves and creates value through effective financial budgeting and expenditure control, risk management and all other functional aspects of real estate producing profit attributed to it and those earmarked for development or sale located in Quebec.
- Manage and coordinate all elements of development projects and provide development services to the Senior Director, Immobilier Québec to help him carry out real estate projects on time, on budget and within scope, including:
- Develop project plans.
- Monitor and manage project schedules and budgets.
- Organize project team meetings and prepare meeting updates.
- Maintain and produce project documents.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are properly filed.
- Manage the work of an external multidisciplinary team (assessors, architects, planners, engineers, contractors, promoters, builders, etc.) in achieving the project objectives.
- Solid background in projects
- Knowledge of complex sites (decontamination, re-packaging, batch sales – with partner)
- Request for proposal: strong skills in preparing files, gathering documentation
- Very community oriented: will have to participate positively in public information sessions where everything is not tied up, where we seek to encourage the engagement of communities, to work with them
- Interpersonal skills, organization, rigorous follow-up of multiple projects which does not progress at the same pace
- Has already done property management, rental improvements, construction (between 4 walls and new), pre-project (approval studies)
- Careful to work in a spirit where we help develop / redeploy a site for a community
- University degree in town planning, architecture, engineering, property management
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of project management experience is required, including scheduling, budgeting and cost control in the commercial and residential real estate sector
- Proven experience in multidisciplinary field or redevelopment teams.
- Good knowledge of the organization and structure of municipal administrations.
- Knowledge of the municipal zoning, subdivision and site plan approval and registration processes.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory approval and servicing requirements – direct experience in Montreal, Quebec is an undeniable asset.
- Knowledge of environmental issues, requirements and remedies.
- Deep knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and AutoCAD an asset.
- Bilingualism required.
- Ease of gathering divergent views
- Occasional trips to plan (15% of the time)
According to experience
Nature of the company