Reporting into the Vice President of Operations, and surrounded by the corporate team based in Montreal, the incumbent plans, directs, organizes, and controls the activities that affect the quality of services to residents and especially the delivery of care interventions. He or she directs and supports the managers and employees of the residence in order to ensure the achievement of objectives as well as the maintenance and improvement of the quality of services and care.
Specifically, the General Manager:
– Plans and establishes in the short and medium term the objectives, activities and development projects of the residence as well as the needs in terms of the care provided to the residents in order to ensure the achievement of the set objectives.
– Assumes the smooth management of daily operations and participates proactively in problem solving to support his/her department heads in the achievement of their respective mandates.
– Ensures that client satisfaction is maintained at all levels of the overall service offer.
– Participates in the development of the annual budget, administers the allocated budget and seeks to optimize the return on the resources allocated to him/her.
– Produces reports to provide continuous monitoring of performance and the application of standards for control purposes.
– Works in collaboration with the CISSS representative(s).