Our client has been active for nearly 50 years in various financial sectors with offices in Canada, the United States and France.
The incumbent will be responsible for defining the underwriting philosophy as well as controlling its application and determining the product and rate strategies. More specifically, he or she will be responsible for the following:
- Anticipate industry trends and business opportunities by performing financial analyses and evaluating the various data therein;
- Evaluate business lines, profitability, rates, retention and market conditions across Canada;
- Be responsible for the results of loss ratio, growth and underwriting profits;
- Develop and implement action plans to maximize operational efficiency, growth and profit;
- Prepare premium budgets;
- Participate in rate adjustments with the Actuarial Department in order to ensure profitable growth;
- Promote a customer-proximity culture with the entire broker network.
You have a university degree. An actuarial designation is an undeniable asset. You have been successfully handling commercial underwriting for the last 10 years and have a minimum of 5 years of experience in team management. You are known for your ability to develop strong business relationships. You know how to oversee several projects simultaneously and have strong negotiating skills. You are able to think strategically and have proven your aptitude to implement change.
This position is an exceptional opportunity for someone aspiring to become part of a senior leadership team
Based on experience
Nature of the company