Our client is the owner and manager of a reputable residence that has been providing housing accommodations, health care services and a range of other services to Montreal’s fully autonomous and semi-autonomous seniors for over 30 years. Accommodating nearly 300 tenants, this residence is recognized for the quality of its services and for the maintenance its installations.
Under the direction of the President, the director plans, directs, organizes and controls the activities and the human, financial and technical resources. He directs and supports the managers of the residence to ensure the achievement of objectives and the maintenance and improvement of the quality of services. Concretely the Director:
- Ensures all the activities of the departments under his or her supervision; human resources, leasing, accounting, recreation, maintenance, kitchen and dining, customer service and all complementary service contractors.
- In collaboration with the President, he or she plans and establishes, short and medium-term objectives, activities and development projects of the residence as well as the needs in human, financial and technical resources to ensure the achievement of the set objectives.
- Contributes to the preparation of the annual budget, administers the allocated budget and seeks to optimize the yield of the resources allocated to it. Provide ongoing monitoring of budget performance to make the necessary corrections and take action as soon as possible.
- Ensures the maintenance of customer satisfaction at all levels of the overall service offering.
- Assumes the fluid management of day-to-day operations and proactively participates in problem solving to support his or her department heads in achieving their respective mandates.
Our ideal candidate has Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Hospitality Management or other related disciplines and has a minimum of 5 years experience as a multidisciplinary team manager. Management experience retirement or assisted living industry or an elder-serving business will be considered an asset. We are looking for a mobilizing leader, with excellent interpersonal skills, focused on customer experience and positive human resources management practices. Used to a unionized environment, you are recognized for your listening and communications skills, your ability to solve problems calmly and effectively, and to foster a good climate and collaborative workplace.
According to experience
Nature of the company
Assisted living for elders