Looking to expand its management team, our client is a major real estate asset manager with a strong presence in the commercial spaces market in Montreal and Toronto. With a diverse portfolio, including “Class A” and “Class B” office towers, the organization is embarking on an exciting phase of redeveloping some of its properties in Montreal. Its longevity in the real estate market, reputation for integrity and professionalism, as well as the high credibility of its management team, make this organization a reliable and serious employer with an excellent retention rate of its talents.
Following the creation of this new position, the Real Estate Director will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and will be assigned 4 buildings in the redevelopment phase. In doing so, the incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the properties as well as the assigned teams while orchestrating the construction, renovation or development projects. Specifically, the Real Estate Director will have to:
- Negotiate and manage operational service contracts (security, maintenance, etc.)
- Write the calls for tenders and recommend the professionals needed to carry out the construction / renovation work
- Coordinate and supervise construction projects taking into account client needs, budgets and timelines
- Promote customer retention by ensuring their satisfaction
- Ensure sound financial management by regularly reviewing the operating expenses of the properties and ensuring their competitiveness
- Ensure building compliance with respect to the laws and standards in effect
- Periodically evaluate the buildings to illustrate the needs of each property and build an investment program to maintain the assets
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the organization
The desired candidate is bilingual both orally and in writing and holds a university degree in architecture, engineering, administration or another related field. With more than 5 years in a management position, either construction projects or real estate management, the sought-after Director has a proven track record in personnel management and is known for his or her keen sense of customer service. Rigorous, honest and autonomous, the ideal candidate is a skilled communicator, masters multidisciplinary management, priority management and knows how to mobilize colleagues and teams towards the achievement of common objectives.
According to experience
Nature of the company
Real Estate Asset Management
Commercial Real Estate