Our client is Canada’s leading owner, developer and manager of well located, high quality urban retail-centered properties where people live and shop for everyday life. Their vsion is to be renowned for creating sustainable shopping environments that become the heart of our communities.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Property Accounting, the Assistant Controller will responsible for leading and supervising a team of Property Accountants to ensure accurate and timely accounting for a portfolio of properties in the Company’s Eastern region.
- Manages team member’s performance and development, to create a knowledgeable and accountable team
- Lead and manage the Property Accounting Group activities to ensure accurate and timely monthly and quarterly full cycle financial reporting process of assigned portfolio; and the accounting for new property acquisitions and property dispositions
- Direct the Property Accounting Group to prepare consolidated property financial information, supplemental package and MD&A every quarter
- Provide ongoing leadership support and expertise to staff relating to tenant recovery calculations and lease interpretation
- Review regional financial statements and MD&A disclosures relating to properties each quarter
- Ensure accounting and reporting are in compliance with new accounting guidelines as directed by the VP Financial Reporting/Senior Director of Property Accounting; and implement accounting processes and procedures where necessary
- Manage the regional component of the annual budget process and quarterly reforecast process, including setting of timelines and coordinating meetings
- Presents financial results at quarterly meetings with Joint Venture Partners
- Participates in strategic projects
We would like to discuss this opportunity with candidates with a Business degree (experience in a commercial real estate, preferably with a publicly traded company), and a minimum of 10 years managing a team. An Accounting designation is a requirement.
You have excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and French with the ability to interact effectively with senior-level executives. You are a successful manager with demonstrated ability to manage, mentor and motivate employees and personnel to a high level of performance and accountability standards.
Based on experience
Nature of the company